Registering A Custody Order

If you were divorced in another state and are having issues regarding custody and visitation, you may be able to modify your court orders in the California Court, provided that you and your minor children meet the jurisdictional requirements. According to California Family Code Section 3443 (a) A court of this state shall recognize and enforce a child custody determination of a court of another state if the latter court exercised jurisdiction in substantial conformity with this part or the determination was made under factual circumstances meeting the jurisdictional standards of this part and the determination has not been modified in accordance with this part. This code would allow a party to file a Request for Order in the California Court to modify or enforce the custody and visitation provisions of a final Judgment. For legal advice on this issue, contact the Law Office of Richard Bawden for a consultation.

Need additional help in other family law areas? Call the Law Office of Richard E. Bawden for legal issues regarding adoption, annulment, collaborative divorce, community property, child custody, child support, divorce, domestic violence, legal separation, litigation, mediation, legal separation, paternity, spousal support, pre-marital and post-marital agreements? Family Law questions go beyond the limits defined in this blog. For more information, call Richard E. Bawden, State Certified Family Law Specialist, at 909.792.0222. The Law Office of Richard E. Bawden serves the Inland Empire including Riverside, San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Redlands, Loma Linda, Mentone, Yucaipa, Beaumont, Banning and Hemet.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email
Search Blog