Establishing Paternity

If a couple is unmarried and have a child together, a paternity action must be filed with the Court in order to secure orders regarding custody, visitation and support. Both parents may feel that filing an action with the Family Court is unnecessary because they are getting along at the moment, but that may not always be the case. Circumstances change. Therefore, in order to obtain any type of relief from the Court, a paternity action should be filed. The appropriate paternity forms must be completed and if the parents are unable to reach an agreement regarding custody, visitation and support, a Request for Order must be filed so that the Judge may make an order. If necessary, the parties are also entitled to a Trial with testimony and other evidence.

Need additional help in other family law areas besides paternity actions? Call the Law Office of Richard E. Bawden for legal issues regarding adoption, annulment, collaborative divorce, child custody, child support, divorce, domestic violence, legal separation, litigation, mediation, legal separation, paternity, spousal support, pre-marital and post-marital agreements. For more information, call Richard E. Bawden, State Certified Family Law Specialist, at 909.792.0222 or email us at [email protected] You might also want to get more information at our website: The Law Office of Richard E. Bawden serves the Inland Empire including Riverside, San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Redlands, Loma Linda, Mentone, Yucaipa, Beaumont, Banning and Hemet.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email
Search Blog